Term and Conditions
Please take reasonable care of the goods, we are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling of the goods by you.
Please make it clear when you cancel that you are cancelling under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations. Under these regulations you have 14 days, starting the day after the day on which the goods come into the physical possession of the consumer or the person that he asks you to deliver the goods to. But as you can see we extend that to 60 days, as we pride ourselves on our excellent products and customer service.
Palestren 23rd May 2018
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Ebay, Amazon, Paypal etc to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies and order processing software. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- I use Royal mail to post my parcels, and only use your name and address to complete my order, to be delivered to your place of residence. Where a courier is used we also share a contact number and email address if provided to ensure they can contact you.
- I share information with Paypal as necessary to provide you my services
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
The information I collect during a sale is stored by Amazon, Paypal or Shopify. These companies have their own security in place. They have Payment card industry data security standards to keep a secure environment to help prevent credit card fraud. They also use secure servers.
My accounts are all password protected, I also use computer antivirus to make sure that any suspicious activity is stopped, and I am notified of any unusual login attempts. I also have these processes in place for my tablet, and on our Android phones. We also have an alarm and security system with CCTV in place at the work premises.
To help me process your orders, occasionally I must keep a paper copy of any orders, these include your name, address, and your method of contact if there is a problem with an order and is only kept for as long as it takes to resolve the problem. After this time all data is then destroyed, by secure methods.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Elestren Vassalli, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Alternately, you may message me on our website www.palestren.co.uk
- Online sellers of goods and services must provide a link to the European Online Dispute Resolution platform on their website and an email address for consumers to use to contact them. Here is the link: European Online Dispute Resolution platfor
Palestren is a brand of Genix Trading Ltd - Company number 11480017
53 Rosebery Road, Exeter EX4 6LT